*We roast the subscription on the first Tuesday of every month. Shipping is inclusive of the price. We are here via text/email to make sure you get the most from the coffee and your MOM subscription.
What makes our coffee subscription valuable:
- Support a roastery that honours transparency of the supply chain
- Coffees that are diverse and expressive of their terroir and variety
- Coffee that has been put through its paces on our bar for thorough coffee quality control.
- Tasting coffees when they are at their peak, by selecting coffees when they are tasting most expressive and honouring the seasonality of coffee as a product
- Direct contact for any brewing questions and straightforward coffee advice from someone who is brewing the coffees ALL the time.
The coffee is roasted to be brewed as either a filter or a longer-style espresso. The slightly longer brewing ratios help with making sure the coffees are balanced at the lighter roast level. We suggest a longer than usually contact time also when brewing espresso. We believe it makes for a more complete flavour experience and the lighter coffee pays respect to the hard work that makes a coffee distinct and true to its origin.
Starting point guideline:
Espresso Recipe: 1:3 ratio In: 20 grams dry dose Out: 60 grams beverage weight output Time: Slower than average - more contact time
Filter Recipe: 1:16.5 ratio In: 20 grams dry coffee Out: 330 grams brewing water Time: 2:45-3:00 minutes